- Swimmers will be issued with the event timing chip at registration. The chip must be attached to the ankle with the velcro strap provided. This timing chip is free and must be returned as you complete your race before you get your medal. Failure to return this timing chip will result in a penalty of R150.
- No entry without payment. Online entry is available with payment being made by credit card.
- Please note that the race office number has changed. For further details please contact us on
063 974 3774 or email email@example.com for further details.
- The entry fee is determined by when the race office receives payment. Confirm entries at www.suncityswim.co.za. Pre-entries who supply a valid email address will be confirmed by email.
- Collection and registration details to follow shortly.
- The Dis-Chem Sun City 3000m Swim is being swum in accordance to the FINA Open Water Rules. Open Water Swimming Rule 1.2 states: The age limit for all FINA Open Water Swimming events must be at least 14 years of age. If your child is under 14 years but would like to swim the 3000m, please contact the Race Office to get an entry.
- Cut off swim times – 3 000m Halfway 40min, Final 100min;
1 500m Halfway 20 minutes, Final 50 minutes.
- All non residents and non participants will pay an entry fee of R60 per person at the Sun City Main Entrance gate.
- When entering the individual 1500m events please select a School, Club or Mim. If your child is under 4 years and you would like to enter them, please contact the Race Office.
- Entry fees are non refundable. For the purpose of determining your entry fee payable you will be recorded as entered when the race office receives your entry payment. For faxed entries, allow 7 days before attempting to confirm your entry.
- Click here to email race organisers.
- Race Office 063 974 3774.
- Parking will be in the dedicated parking areas immediately after entry to the Sun City complex. Buses dedicated to swimmers and supporters will leave from the parking areas for transport to the Cabanas and will be available for return to the parking area throughout the day.
- The Dis-Chem Sun City Swim 3000m will meet all requirements for Swimming South Africa Approval.
- Spot Prizes will be handed out at the finish.
- Click here for the latest handbook from the South African Institute for Drug-Free Sport.
WHERE TO REGISTER
Registration will take place ONLY on Race Day at the venue.
ENTERING THE VENUE ON RACE DAY
- An event confirmation will be sent to you prior to the event
- Print the event confirmation
- Show the event confirmation at the Sun City gate, Park, catch a bus to the Cabanas and follow signs to registration on the Cabanas Lawns
- Registration closes 30mins before the start of the specific event.