- How do I enter this event?
Entries for the 2018 Dis-Chem Sun City Swim will open closer to Race Day. Once entries have opened, simply navigate your way to the page â€œEnter Nowâ€ and follow the instructions.
- How do I know my entry is confirmed?
Once you have completed your online entry form you will receive an automatic confirmation email. Please keep this as proof of entry.
If you enter by fax you will receive email confirmation when the race office has completed your entry
If you do not receive this email please contact the Race Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Will I receive any other information before the event?
Yes – each competitor will receive a race briefing email
- Is the Sun City Swim a Midmar Mile qualifier?
- If I cannot attend the swim, can I have a refund?
Regrettably we do not offer refunds
- How is the event timed?
Swimmers will be issued with the event timing chip at registration. The chip must be attached to the ankle with the velcro strap provided. This timing chip is free and must be returned as you complete your race before you get your medal. Failure to return this timing chip will result in a penalty of R150.
- Is there a calendar of all open water swims available?
www.swimmersguide.co.za will give you details of all the open water swims in SA
- Can I go to the Valley of Waves and ask a friend to collect my prize money?
For the benefit of the sponsors, we ask that the Top 3 for each category be present for Prize Giving. Those finishing 4th-10th may collect their prizes as soon as the results are confirmed.
- Do you have directions to Sun City?
There is a map on our “Registrations and Directions” page of this website
The GPS co-ordinates are 25° 20′ 28.4388″ S ; 27° 5′ 30.6312″ E
- How long does it take to get there?
It takes about 2 hours from Sandton and about 1 hour 15 mins from Pretoria
- What time does registration open?
Registration times will be determined closer to Race Day.
- Where can I collect my race pack?
You can collect your Race Pack inside Sun City on the Cabana Lawns on Race Day.
- Can I have more than one goody bag?
Unfortunately this will not be possible, as only pre-entries are catered for on a basis of one goody bag per person
- How do I place a sample in the goody bag?
Please contact us at email@example.com
- How do I donate a spot prize?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- I have missed the cut off date for pre entries. Can I still enter and
is there a penalty fee?
Late entries can only be done on the day at Registration at an extra charge of R100
- Are late entries guaranteed?
Yes, you will be able to enter, provided you arrive at Registration at least 90 minutes before your race.
- Is there a limit to the number of late entries?
No, you will get an entry
- If I don’t pre-order a t-shirt, can I buy one on the day?
T-Shirt details to follow.
- I have entered and paid for the swim but cannot make it – can a friend collect my goody bag?
Yes, your race pack and goody bag may be collected by a representative, however this is at your own risk
- Can I swim with my child although I would be swimming out of my race
Please contact the race office for further details
- Is there an age restriction for the fun swim?
Yes, no child under the age of 4 years old may enter the Fun Swim. If your child is under the age of 4 years and you would like to enter them, please contact the Race Office.
- Can adults use pool noodles / water wings etc for the fun swim?
Yes, the purpose of the Fun Swim is exactly that : FUN
- I swim for a school and a club and do not know which to put on entry?
You may only count for either a school or club prize, it is your choice
- Is there assistance for disabled / inexperienced swimmers?
Yes, Wahoo Masters swimming club have experienced swimmers who are available
to assist wherever necessary, please email the race office ahead of time at
email@example.com if you require assistance at least 2 weeks before the event date so that the appropriate assistance can be arranged.
- I am not sure if I should enter the 3km or 1500m swim, how will I know if I am ready?
Dam swimming requires more experience of the unknown than pool swimming. To swim the 3km in the dam you must be to swim an unbroken 3km in the pool and have completed a couple of 1500m dam swims in the last season
- Are wetsuits permitted in this event?
Wetsuits are not permitted if you are going for a prize, the water is very warm at Sun City in late October.
- Can I swim in a different cap to the one provided by the organizers?
We strongly request that you wear the Sponsors swim caps for each event. Swimmers swimming without sponsored caps run the risk of being disqualified, at the discretion of the event organisers.